We are a BUSY family of 5.
There is Shawn, myself, Audrey, Colton and Chance.
We also have 4 dogs, a kitty, and a few fish to add to this family. Between the 5 of us....including the pets, there is NEVER a dull moment in the Bowen house! :)

Sunday, May 3, 2009

BUSY BEES

That's what we are. It's just that time of year. It is busy for Shawn's work. It's coming to the end of the year for myself (crazy how fast this school year went by!), and the boys are just plain ol' BUSY BEES!
Ready for summertime. Our neighborhood just set up a playscape in the park area. So that will be nice to play on in the summer. We bought the boys a new pool. It is pretty cool I must admit. We tested the waters yesterday. They weren't too sure of, especially since it was a little chilly (the water). But the neighbor girls came over, and then they were as happy as could be.
We have our family zoo pass. My old college roomie, who I've known my whole life, we plan on taking our boys to the zoo or go to Landa park once a week this summer.
The boys are literally ALL over the place.
They LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be outside. It's funny how they listen to Shawn a whole lot better, when it comes to STOP or NO when we are out in the front yard. When it's just me and the boys, they are like the dogs. They just keep on going. WHY IS THAT? Why can't I be the ALPHA FEMALE in the house? LOL
One thing we are FOR SURE gonna "try" to attempt is getting rid of the paci's.
I'm not too sure how this will work. As it is, the boys only get their paci's during the daytime naps, and once I pick them up in the afternoons from the sitter, they are READY for them.
Colton it will devastate him. I just know it.
He's my kid that will wake up from a deep sleep, and still be asleep but crying for his paci. Chance on the other hand, he will just play in bed, be quiet, if he doesn't have his paci. I think he will get over the paci obsession quickly.
It's just Colton. He is the happiest with two paci's in his mouth. TRUE ADDICTION!
Little concerned with the boys teeth. Their top teeth you NEVER see. Their top gum is so arched. I think it has to do with the paci's (another reason for getting rid of them)
But poor Colton's teeth. He has a molar coming in. It was bloody looking, but I just thought, well the gum broke, their is a little blood. Well, when I touched it, the entire tooth was loose and felt like it could come out at any moment.
WEIRD! From what I've read, just gonna wait a week, and see how it does. He doesn't seem bothered by it in the least. He doesn't seem to be in pain, he's fine.
So, fingers crossed, I'm hoping the dang tooth tightens up!

WORDS: the boys are speaking a ton. Shawn and I still think they are from Boston, but that's OK. I guess we can overlook that. :) We can say: hello (more like hoooo), mooooo (cow), dog, kitty, key (Chiquita, our dog), bubbles, bubba, baby (sounds more like bubba), ooooaaa (monkey sound), car, choochoo (train), WHOA (going over the traintracks), yuck (as they slap their hands together), teeth, bye bye, dada, momma, cookie, ball, more....thats all i can think of now. every once in awhile, Colton will say, "thank you".
They still have yet to say NO, which I'm glad. They do shake their head (Colton shakes his entire body for NO), but they haven't said it.

No comments: