We are a BUSY family of 5.
There is Shawn, myself, Audrey, Colton and Chance.
We also have 4 dogs, a kitty, and a few fish to add to this family. Between the 5 of us....including the pets, there is NEVER a dull moment in the Bowen house! :)

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!--2 years ago

Well two years ago today, I didn't sleep the night before, cause I knew I wanted to take a pregnancy test that next morning. Our scheduled blood test wasn't until the next Monday, and this was a Wednesday. I for sure felt prego.
Alarm went off at 5 am, as it always did. I was already wide awake anyways. I peed on the stick, as I had many times before this one time.
I had knots in my throat and tummy. I immediately saw 1 line. Just assumed it was negative. I was in shock. I threw it in the trash can and got in the shower.
I was so upset, I couldn't cry. I had thought for sure our IVF treatment had worked. I was positive it had. I had maintained a positive attitude the whole time of the treatment. People were praying for us, including myself, right and left.
I got out of the shower, and thought I would take one more look at the test, which was in the trash. And there were TWO LINES!!!!
This time, I COULD CRY, and it was unstoppable. I was filled with JOY. A day I will never FORGET. I ran to the bedroom, and woke up Shawn crying with excitement.
It was the BEST day ever, next to, the day they were born.
Now, I have two toddler boys, who are SICK on this special day!!! Oh well, part of being kid and a mother!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! XOXO

2 comments:

Lizett said...

I always had faith! Hugs to your sweet boys!

Anonymous said...

Allison-Valentine's Day will always have a special meaning in your house! Love the pics of the boys!